Independent Voter Project
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" -Margaret Mead
Chad Peace came to my classroom with a few of his equally enthusiastic staff to speak first hand about the legal recourse IVP was taking as well as through IVN providing an objective news platform which is all amazing. I feel like with the current figures of about a 14% approval rating for congress and a 95% or so re-election rate of incumbents, people are frustrated but don't know what to do... until now (:
Matthew Wosk's activity stream
Matthew Wosk commented on Third Circuit to Hear Oral Argument Challenging Closed Primaries 2015-01-24 12:21:51 -0800The violation of individual rights of voters to participate should be clear…
Matthew Wosk commented on IVP Discusses SCOTUS Redistricting Case on Politically Speaking 2015-01-24 12:08:10 -0800I could not agree more, it does feels like “political parties are shuffling the chairs around” with gerrymandering. Luckily with leaders taking action liking Chad Peace and Jeff Marston more and more people who are waking up to the reality of the disconnect in representation, will know how to be involved (: Way to continue the dialogue!
Matthew Wosk donated 2015-01-23 08:30:30 -0800
For one annual payment of $50 you can help IVP realize the principle that elections should serve people, not parties.
Your IVP Non Partisan Member Kit:
- An Awake T-Shirt*
- Awake bumper stickers
- Access to Member Only Content & Events
- Exclusive Quarterly Reports on IVP Projects
- Weekly Newsletters & Updates
Your Membership Directly Funds These Important Projects:
- IVN.us A Platform for unfiltered political news from independent-minded authors, bound by a simple etiquette.
- National Legal Strategy The first organized effort to demand the right every voter have a equal and meaningful vote at every stage of the election process, regardless of political affiliation or non affiliation.
- IVP Conferences Non-Partisan substantive discussions on critical issues facing our communities.
- IVP Chapter Localized effort to create a student-run campaign that foster a community of independent-minded leaders.
*Free t-shirts will be distributed when we reach our goal of 500 active members